Traveling Suitcases

Traveling Suitcases

Friday, May 8, 2015

Breaking Down and the Seomun Market Part One

This is going to be a short post because even though it was a packed day we didn't get a lot of pictures.  We were supposed to go to Donghwasa Temple today and we kind of did but the car broke down right when we got there.  That meant that our adventure became a little more adventurous. While Takiko stayed with the car and waited for the kids' Tae Kwon Do teacher to arrive to help us out, I took my little brother and sister up to the Temple. It was really beautiful and peaceful. We went down to the meditation room and inside it was really nice.  We had to take off our  shoes and wear slippers. The meditation room was big and full of fake trees that had little seats in them with mats for meditation. I could have sat there all day bit I had two excited children with me and we had to get back to the broken down car. We have plans to go back later and see the rest of the property. 

Because the car is still getting fixed, Master Song took us back into Daegu and dropped us off at the monorail station. We went to the Seomun Market, which apparently is one of the biggest in the world.  It was amazing.  There are so many little shops and cafés there that it was hard to decide where to go. We went to a few souvenir shops and some clothing stores but we were pretty tired from the events of the day so after a snack we went to catch the bus back to the apartment. I'll be going back to the Market on Monday to buy more souvenirs so I'll post more then!  It is pretty amazing and I am excited to go back and look through more of the shops. 
My favorite snack: Korean Pancake! 

Seomun Market!

No comments:

Post a Comment